Please choose one of the following options for each question:
1. The distance travelled by a wave during one oscillation may be described as
2. An electric torch uses two 1.5 V cells. The torch bulb is marked 2.4 V, 270 mA.
What is the resistance of the torch bulb?
3. All electrical components have resistance.
In which of the following situations would the resistance of the stated component not
4. Which of the following phenomena does not occur with sound waves?
5. A lamp illuminates a surface of area 0.80 m2
with radiation flux of 0.50 W m-2.
The rate, in watts, at which light energy strikes the illuminated surface is given by
6. The diagram represents a resistor of resistance R in a series circuit with a cell of e.m.f. E
and internal resistance r.
Which of the following correctly gives the potential difference V across the internal
7. Which of the following is a type of electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength longer
8. A beam of electrons spreads out into several distinct beams after passing through a crystalline
This demonstrates that
9. Light in medium 1 strikes a boundary with medium 2 which is also transparent. The diagram
shows what happens. Which of the following can be deduced?
10. A rechargeable cell stores a maximum energy of 4200 J. The cell has an e.m.f. of 1.5 V
and after 2.0 hours use the cell is completely discharged.
Assuming the e.m.f. stays constant, the charge passing through the cell during this time is