Unit 1 Physics June 2015
2. The correct definition of the term centre of gravity is the point at which
A. all of the force acts on a body
B. gravity acts on a body
C. the weight of the body may be considered to act
D. the weight is concentrated
Use the following information to answer Questions 4 and 5:
4. Which of the following times should the student use to determine their value for g?
5. Select the equation that would, by itself, enable the student to calculate a value for g.
6. In the manufacture of cars, mild steel sheets are formed into panels of an appropriate shape. Mild steel can be shaped in this way because it is
8. A box is dropped from a plane flying at a constant velocity and height. Assuming that air resistance is negligible, as the box falls to the ground its horizontal position will
A. remain unchanged
B. lag behind the plane
C. move ahead of the plane
D. remain directly under the plane
B. (F-W) l