1. A rocket of mass m lifts off with an acceleration a due to the engines providing a thrust T. Which row in the table correctly identifies the quantities m, T and a as scalar or vector?
2. The table shows velocity-time and acceleration-time graphs for an object in motion. Which row of the table contains a pair of graphs that could be consistent for the motion of the object?
Use the following diagram to answer Questions 3 and 4:
3. Which test tube, A, B, C or D, contains the oil with the lowest viscosity?
4. Test tube D is heated and the ball is dropped into it in the same way. Compared with the previous experiment, the position of the ball in test tube D, after the same short time, is
6. The coefficient of restitution of a ball is the ratio of its speed after it bounces to the speed before it bounces. The kinetic energy of a ball before it bounces is 3.3 J and the kinetic energy after it bounces is 0.9 J. The coefficient of restitution is calculated using
7. An increasing force is applied to a spring and the corresponding extension is measured. The spring constant k of the spring is
Use the photograph to answer Questions 8 and 9: