1. Select the answer in which both quantities are vectors
2. A tennis ball hits a wall perpendicularly at a speed of 4 m s-1 and rebounds at the same
speed. Taking the initial velocity as positive, the change in velocity is
3. A mass of 0.05 kg is lifted at a slow steady speed by a 5 W electric motor.
The height the mass rises in 8 s is found using
5. A spring with a spring constant 140Nm-1 is extended. The elastic potential energy stored is 1.6J. The extension of the wire is found using:
7. A small object is falling at terminal velocity in a large container of oil.
Which diagram correctly represents, in magnitude and direction, the forces acting on the
object as it reaches terminal velocity?
W = weight
U = upthrust
D = drag
9. A car of mass m travelling with a velocity v comes to rest over a distance d in time t.
The constant frictional force acting on the car while it is braking is found using