1. Which pair of quantities does not contain a vector and a scalar?
2. A wire of length 80 cm has a force F applied. The new length of the wire is 84 cm. The strain is given by
3. Which of the following is a derived SI quantity?
4. A projectile is launched at an angle of 45° to the horizontal.
Ignoring air resistance, which pair of graphs correctly shows how the vertical and
horizontal components of velocity vary with time for the projectile until it lands?
6. A ball of volume Vb and density ρb is released in a volume Vl of liquid with density ρl. The upthrust on the ball is given by
8. Which of the following descriptions of a material implies that it undergoes significant
9. A trolley rolls down a slope from rest. The trolley moves through a vertical height h
while rolling a distance s along the slope. The maximum possible speed is given by