Unit 1 Physics June 2011
1. Which of the following is not a vector quantity?
2. Which of the following units is equivalent to the SI unit for energy?
4. The acceleration of free fall on Mars is 3.7 m s
. If an object on Mars is launched vertically upwards with an initial speed of 40 m s
, its speed after 3.0 s will be
5. The gravitational field strength on Mars is 3.7 N kg
. A 5.0 kg object is raised through a height of 150 cm on Mars. The change in gravitational potential energy is
7. A material which resists plastic deformation by scratching is described as
9. The gradient of a displacement-time graph gives
10. A table tennis ball is released beneath the surface of water and moves upwards. The relationship between the forces acting on the ball when it reaches terminal velocity is
A. weight = upthrust
B. weight + drag = upthrust
C. weight = upthrust + drag
D. weight = drag