1. An object of weight 7 N is raised from a height of 2 m to a height of 8 m. The change in gravitational potential energy is
2. Which of the following is a derived SI unit?
3. A student is asked to solve the following problem: An object is thrown upwards with a speed of 25 ms–1 . How high will it be when the speed is 12 ms–1 ? Which equation will allow the problem to be solved in a single calculation?
4. When beer is being brewed it can contain bubbles of gas rising through it as well as solid particles, such as grain particles, falling through it. Which row of the table correctly shows the forces on a rising gas bubble and a falling solid particle? F = viscous drag, U = upthrust, W = weight
5. A cylinder of length 50 cm has a force applied to it. The new length of the cylinder is 45 cm. The quantity determined using 5 cm/50 cm is
6. An object is thrown horizontally from the roof of a building.Which pair of displacement–time graphs correctly shows the vertical and horizontal components of displacement for the object until it lands? Assume that there is no air resistance.
7. Three springs X, Y and Z have forces applied to them. For each spring a graph is plotted of length L of the spring against force F. The graphs are shown below:
8. A car of mass 1400 kg is travelling at 25 m s-1. The kinetic energy of the car is
Use the following information to answer Questions 9 and 10: