Unit 1 Physics January 2011
1. Acceleration can be found from the
2. Which table is correct for scalar and vector quantities?
3. Which of the following is not a unit of energy?
Use the following statement to answer Questions 4 and 5:
"A body is acted on by a vertical force of 18 N and a horizontal force of 32 N."
4. The angle to the horizontal of the resultant force is given by
5. The magnitude of the resultant force in N is
6. Which of the following statements is true for the two forces in a Newton’s third law
7. A ball is dropped from rest from a building 35.0 m high.
If air resistance is neglected the ball hits the ground with a speed of
8. A physics book gives this definition:
A material which shows a large plastic deformation under compression.
This is the definition for
9. A ball bearing is released in a measuring cylinder filled with oil. To increase the time
taken for the ball bearing to reach the bottom, which one of the following would have to
10. Which of the following is a vector quantity?