1. Which of the following is a scalar quantity?
2. A substance which can undergo a large plastic deformation without cracking can be described as
3. A bus is travelling at a speed of 9.0 m s-1. It then accelerates at a rate of 0.75 m s-2 for a time of 8.0 s. What is its final speed?
4. Which of the following is not a SI base quantity?
5. The diagram shows the forces acting on a picture, of weight W, suspended by a cord. The tension in the cord is T.
Which of the following expressions shows the correct relationship between W and T?
6. A person weighing 100 N stands on some bathroom scales in a lift. If the scales show a reading of 110 N, which answer could describe the motion of the lift?
7. A spring extends by 9 cm when a force of 6 N is applied. The limit of proportionality is not exceeded. Another identical spring is joined end to end with this spring and a force of 4 N is applied. The extension for the pair of springs is
Use the following graph to answer Questions 8 and 9: